May 24, 2020 at 9:18 pm #2632Deirdre GrantKeymaster
TRD VIRTUAL SCAVENGER HUNT
Join your fellow Res Dogs for a scavenger hunt this week! Compete for prizes and play from anywhere!
See below for details or download this PDF will all the deets.
And special thanks to Elizabeth Liechti for organizing!
Who: Individuals only! No duo or group submissions allowed.
What: Knockout as many items on the below list as possible within a 5-mile single run/jog. *See
below for bonus point opportunity*
When: Between Monday May 25th 12:00am and Sunday June 1st, 11:59pm, your local time
Where: Anywhere in the world!
• While on your run/jog, snap a pic of as many items as possible (selfies encouraged but
not required unless noted). No pic, no point, even if it’s shown on your run map!
• After your run, head to this Google drive:
• In it, create a new folder titled with your own name and submit the below:
o Photo of each item you complete
o Proof of run (screenshot of fitness app is best)
• Note, if you don’t have a Google account, please email the photos and proof to
Prizes: Very cool stuff to be decided upon later 🙂
Notes on Social Distancing & Health Safety
• Please heed the directions on safe running while social distancing – wear your masks,
stay more than 6ft apart, and try running at off-peak hours
o Great NYRR article here: https://www.nyrr.org/run/photos-andstories/
• Nothing on this list requires you to touch anything!
• Several items on the list are about spotting others, just don’t be a creep when taking a
Things to Find or Do – 1 pt. per item unless otherwise noted
1. Misplaced item of clothing or shoes
2. A multi-colored dog
3. A curly-haired dog
4. A white dog
5. Do a yoga pose on your running path (must submit photo of self)
6. A patch of pink flowers
7. A street sign named after a noun (a tree or city for example, anything other than a #)
8. Run over a bridge
9. A flag
10. An advertisement for a sale
11. Someone wearing orange running shoes
12. Someone wearing a blue hat
13. Selfie with a statue
14. A baby stroller
15. A caterpillar
16. A ladybug
17. Run up a hill that is at least 200M
18. Someone waiting at a public transportation stop
19. A body of water
20. A sign signifying a historic or meaningful place
21. Construction equipment
22. Someone on a scooter
23. Someone on a bicycle
24. Someone on rollerblades
25. Someone wearing red over the ear headphones
26. An animal other than a dog
27. A yellow car
28. A fire hydrant
29. A police car
30. A Y-shaped stick
31. An arched window
32. Someone wearing a professional sports team shirt or jersey
33. Leave a non-permanent and safely positioned symbol of TRD (ex: draw a paw print in
the dirt with your foot)
34. BONUS! For each mile over 5 and up to 10, receive 1 bonus point
35. BONUS! Wear a costume for 1 point!
36. BONUS! Wear TRD gear for 1 point!
37. BONUS! Tag your run on social media (any platform, including Strava) with
#TRDVirtualScavengerHunt for 1 point (only 1 pt max, not 1 per platform). Must include
a screenshot of this in the Google drive
38. BONUS! Follow The Reservoir Dogs on Instagram, Strava club, and/or public FB page for
1 point per platform. Must include a screenshot of each platform in the Google Drive
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.