With the Brooklyn Half behind us (nice job, everyone!) it’s time to focus our training on Team Champs (5 mile race, July 27), and so tonight’s workout consists of shorter efforts. We’re going to have some fun with a ladder workout in the Lower Loop of Central Park.
Meet: 7:30 pm at Southern Pump House (usual meeting place), and we’ll warm up with a jog to the 72nd Street transverse. If you prefer to come directly to the start, we’ll be starting at 7:40 pm on the 72nd St transverse at the top of The Mall/Literary Walk (just opposite Bethesda Terrace).
Workout options (you’ll need a watch):
A (28 minutes)
1. Run out fast* for 1 min, standing rest 1 min, run back fast for 1 min, standing rest 1 min.
2. Continue with “ladder” as above (with one minute rests between each effort) to complete: 2-2, 3-3, 2-2, 1-1.
*Fast should be your 5k pace for the 1 and 2 min efforts, and ~10 sec/mile slower for the 3 min efforts.
B (50 minutes)
For those wanting a bit more volume (e.g., if you didn’t race this weekend): do workout A, take a 3 minute rest, then repeat (leaving out the 3-3 effort in the middle).
C (54 minutes)
For those who prefer to recover by jogging (instead of standing rests):
1. Run fast for 1 min, jog back to start.
2. Repeat for 2-jog, 3-jog, 2-jog, 1-jog.
3. Repeat the whole sequence.
I’ll be happy to discuss/tailor the workouts as necessary, and can keep hold of small personal items (so you can run fast*). Look forward to seeing you later!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.